INDIGENOUS HANDMADE PAPERS FOR SALE

Hi ! Welcome to Papel Tropikal .... I sell a variety of interesting items. Come in and have a look around.

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Handmade salago & seawweed papers for sale

FOR SALE: SHEETS OF HANDMADE PAPERS MADE FROM INDIGENOUS MATERIALS

COMPOSITION: salago and bits of seaweeds.

SIZE: 10 x 14 inches

MATERIAL: Smooth on one side, textured on the other


COLOR: Natural


PRICE: Php 15 per sheet

USES: personal cards
, stationery, scrapbook material, invitations, other small handcrafted items.

PRODUCERS: Indigent mountain people trained by nuns

MINIMUM ORDER : sixteen (16) sheets
(for orders within the Philippines)

SHIPPING COST WITHIN THE PHILIPPINES:
P 120 (below three kilos)
to be shouldered by buyer

COURIERS: Aboitiz 2GO and JRS Express

NOTE:

Seller agrees to combination orders so buyer can save on shipping cost.

Kindly give seller lead time of at least ten(10) days to comply with orders. Seller has a regular daytime job during weekdays and may be able to visit the paper production center only on weekends.


PAYMENT OPTIONS:

Banco De Oro

RCBC

Union Bank

Smart Money


Globe G-Cash


FOR INQUIRIES:

Please email papeltropical@yahoo.com or text me at

09186040542 or 09052830151.
I welcome inquiries.



buyandsellplus site:

http://www.buyandsellplus.com/itempage.php?itemid=123508





INFORMATION:


Salago
is abundant in the
Philippines, in thickets and primary or secondary forest at low and medium. This plant is a shrub 1 to 3 meters in height, with tough bark. The leaves are opposite, ovate, 5 to 10 centimeters long and 3 to 4 centimeters wide (but frequently smaller, especially the upper-most ones), pointed at the apex and rounded at the base. The flowers are yellow, tubular, about 1.5 centimeters long, and meters thick, shining, and yellow-red, and contains a solitary, large seed enclosed by a fleshy skin.

Seaweeds are popularly described as plants, but only red and green algae belong to the kingdom Plantae). They should not be confused with aquatic plants such as seagrasses (which are vascular plants). Seaweeds are extensively used as food by coastal peoples, particularly in Asia.

Seaweeds are harvested or cultivated for the extraction of alginate, agar and carrageenan, gelatinous substances collectively known as hydrocolloids or phycocolloids. Hydrocolloids have attained commercial significance, especially in food production as food additives. The food industry exploits the gelling, water-retention, emulsifying and other physical properties of these hydrocolloids. Agar is used in foods such as confectionery, meats and poultry products, desserts and beverages and moulded foods. Carrageenan is used in preparation of salad dressings and sauces, dietetic foods, and as a preservative in meat and fish products, dairy items and baked goods. Alginates enjoy many of the same uses as carrageenan, but are also used in production of industrial products such as paper coatings, specialty papers, adhesives, dyes, gels, explosives and in processes such as paper sizing, textile printing, hydro-mulching and drilling.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!

I'm Ms. Bethanie and I'm from Baguio. I have searched every bookstore here and Manila but I couldn't find Salago Papers. I stumbled upon your website, and you don't know how happy I am to have found your site.
If I buy 130 pieces, how much will it be? Will it still be sold for 20 pesos or lower, since it's a wholesale.
Can you send me a close up photo of your product?
I want Salago pulp with salago strip. Just the plain once since I'm going to use it for my wedding invitation.

Your reply is truly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Unknown said...

Hi!

I'm Ms. Bethanie Nacino and I'm from Baguio. I have searched every bookstore here and Manila but I couldn't find Salago Papers. I stumbled upon your website, and you don't know how happy I am to have found your site.
If I buy 130 pieces, how much will it be? Will it still be sold for 20 pesos or lower, since it's a wholesale.
Can you send me a close up photo of your product?
I want Salago pulp with salago strip. Just the plain once since I'm going to use it for my wedding invitation.

Your reply is truly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!