INDIGENOUS HANDMADE PAPERS FOR SALE

Hi ! Welcome to Papel Tropikal .... I sell a variety of interesting items. Come in and have a look around.

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Handmade Paper Products



Hi ! I'm showing you my first attempts at making bookmarkers and notebooks using local materials such as salago, abaca, sinamay, buli, seaweed paper, seashells and wood beads.

I found making bookmarkers frustrating because I wanted them laminated. But the peopel at biz depot will not laminate bulky items.



For my first handmade book marker. I used real flowers and leaves and came up with a product that would simply not dry after 3 whole days!



















I'm getting my handmade papers from nuns who run a handicraft center. They employ underprivileged mountain folks.

I'm determined to help them out by using their papers and selling the products on the net. I hope you'll like them. I'm willing to give as bonus a cute handmade notebook for every six rolls of handmade paper that you purchase.








No comments: